Dedicated To The Art Of Swing Trading
As a swing trader, having a set of tried-and-true swing trading strategies is important if you really want to maximize the profit potential of each market
With swing trading you will be entering trades and looking to take advantage of the upswings and the downswings (corrective and impulse moves).
And those trades you take can last for one day up to several days and even weeks (and possibly longer if the trade is still working and you are not stopped out).
Swing traders tend to trade the daily charts and some may even get down to the shorter time frame charts to chose a good entry or exit that can be found using price action techniques.
Some swing traders will look at the much larger time frames like the monthly and the weekly to see what the general long term swing is and if there is a possibility of an upswing or downswing happening as price nears major swing points, then they will generally get down to the smaller time frames to choose the perfect entry in line with what they see on the much larger time frames.
Every swing trader is different…which means that a swing trading strategy I use will not be suitable for you because your trading personality is different from mine.
You will have your own preferred swing trading techniques and methods and in light of that, I have compiled an amazing list of swing trading strategies in this website where you can browse through, study and hopefully you will pick one that works best for you.
So are you looking for the best Forex trading strategies for swing trading? Then you have come to the right Forex site!
The Forex swing trading strategies are classified into four categories:
- Basic Swing Trading Strategies – very basic Forex strategies for beginners to understand and implement.
- Simple Swing Trading Strategies – very simple effective Forex trading strategies, not a lot of indicators
- Complex Swing Trading Strategies – complex Forex trading strategies that require a bit more analysis, usually 2-3 Forex indicators required.
- Advanced Swing Trading Strategies – Advanced Forex trading strategies, for advanced swing traders, more price action trading, chart pattern trading, candlestick chart analysis and Forex indicators as well.
12 BASIC FOREX TRADING STRATEGIES FOR SWING TRADING:
These are Forex trading strategies for beginners suitable for those that have just trying to venture into the Forex market.
- 5ema and 8ema forex swing trading strategy
- 10 and 20 sma with 200 sma forex swing trading strategy
- 50ema forex trading swing trading strategy
- daily chart forex swing trading strategy
- 20 SMA With RSI Forex Trading Strategy
- inside bar trading strategy
- 200 EMA forex trading Strategy
- Parabolic SAR Indicator Forex Trading Strategy
- MACD Crossover Forex Trading Strategy
- Parabolic SAR And MACD Forex Trading Strategy
- Outside Bar Forex Trading Strategy
- 5 SMA And 5 RSI Forex Trading System
15 SIMPLE SWING TRADING STRATEGIES FOR FOREX:
These are Forex trading strategies for beginners as well as more experienced currency traders.
- 3emas forex swing trading strategy
- bollinger band forex swing trading strategy
- bollinger band squeeze forex trading strategy
- horizontal channel pattern forex trading strategy
- Three White Soldiers-Three Black Crows Pattern Forex Trading Strategy
- Bollinger Bands Trading Strategy With 20 Period
- ADX Swing Trading Strategy
- Simple Moving Average Trading Strategy With 5SMA, 10SMA, Stochastic & RSI indicator
- CCI Swing Trading Strategy
- Daily Pin Bar Low Risk Entry Method
- Third Shortest Candlestick Forex Swing Trading Strategy
- Railroad Tracks Forex Swing Trading Strategy
- 5EMA And 12EMA With 21 RSI Forex Trading Strategy
- Simple Breakout Forex Trading Strategy
- Heikin Ashi Forex Trading System
11 COMPLEX FOREX TRADING STRATEGIES FOR SWING TRADING:
These are Forex trading strategies that may be a bit more complex but once you understand, they are quite simple.
- 34ema with trendline forex swing trading strategy
- 4hr gbpusd forex trading swing trading strategy
- channel pattern forex swing trading strategy
- head and shoulder pattern forex swing trading strategy
- inverse head and shoulder pattern forex swing trading strategy
- double top forex swing trading strategy
- double bottom forex trading strategy
- descending triangle pattern forex swing trading strategy
- ascending triangle pattern forex swing trading strategy
- symmetrical triangle pattern forex swing trading strategy
- James16 Forex Trading Method
11 ADVANCED FOREX TRADING STRATEGIES FOR SWING TRADING:
If you want Forex trading strategies that work with price action trading as well as using support and resistance trading and trendlines etc… the following list of Forex trading strategies are your best bet.
- 123 Pattern Forex Swing Trading Strategy
- Floor Traders Method Forex Swing Trading Strategy
- MACD Forex Swing Trading Strategy
- Trendline Breakout Forex Swing Trading Strategy
- Trendline Trading Forex Swing Trading Strategy
- Support And Resistance Forex Swing Trading Strategy
- Support Turned Resistance And Resistance Turned Support Forex Swing Trading Strategy
- Bullish Pennant Forex Pattern Trading Strategy
- Bearish Pennant Forex Pattern Trading Strategy
- Pin Bar Trading Strategy
- DeMark Trading Strategy
OTHER FOREX TRADING STRATEGIES, TRADING TECHNIQUES & IDEAS
- Middle Bollinger Band Forex Trading Strategy
- Third Strike Forex Trading Strategy
- Best Forex Trading Technique For Catching Trend Changes
- Two Simple Steps For Trading Price Action Reversals
- Floor Traders Method With No Stop Loss Forex Trading Strategy
- Currency News Trading Forex Strategy For Non Farm Payroll
- Ross Hook Pattern Forex Trading Strategy
- Forex Interest Rates News Trading Strategy
- 20 Pips Asian Session Breakout Forex Trading Strategy
- Best Trend Trading Strategy For All Timeframes
- Gravestone Doji Trading
- Bollinger Band Trading in 4 Simple Ways-the 4th Is The Best Way
- 2 Best Ways On How To Trade The Commodity Channel Index (CCI)
- Best Trend Trading Strategy For Capturing An Insane Amount Of Pips!
- False Breakout Forex Trading Strategy On Support & Resistance Levels
- Daily Pin Bar Forex Trading Strategy With A Slight Twist For Low Risk-High Reward Trade Entries
Now that you’ve checked out a few swing trading strategies from the list above
check out this video on what it takes to really find success in trading.
SWING TRADING VS DAY TRADING
What is the difference between swing trading vs day trading? Well, the main difference between swing trading and day trading is that with day trading, all trading activity happens and closes during the day.
A day trader is actively looking for trading opportunities during the day. No trades are carried overnight. This also means that the day trader is generally looking for smaller profits with each trade made.
On the other hand, you have swing trading. Swing traders are looking to take advantage of momentum and they will hold their trading positions for longer periods than a day trader. The trades can be held for days and even weeks allowing the price momentum to run its course.
So ideally, with swing trading, in an uptrend for example, traders will be looking to buy on pullbacks and in a downtrend, traders will be looking to sell in a rally. These are the price structure or price swings that allow the swing trader to get in a better price with a good risk:reward ratio.
Then benefit of swing trading also is that you are not glued to your computer screen all day long. Swing trading will also fit those people that have day jobs. Especially with the Forex market, you can come back in the evening and can trade as a swing trader during the different sessions.
DO THESE FOREX TRADING STRATEGIES WORK?
The answer is yes and no. And here’s why:
All these Forex trading strategies revealed here have their own strengths and weakness.
All I’ve done is researched and compiled this Forex trading strategies resources site for you to have and try out which Forex trading systems work for you. I wish this site was around when I was a novice trader.
On top of that, it’s really up to you do decide what kind of Forex trading system you want to use. A Forex trading strategy that works for you may not necessarily work for me because our personalities are different.
As you will note, all the Forex trading strategies on this site are not complicated. As a matter of fact, the less Forex indicators a Forex system has, the better it is for you to make money…that is in my opinion, because too much information can lead to analysis paralysis.
I am a strong believer in keeping trading simple and simple trading systems make money. Trading with price action is what I do, and for sure there are lots of Forex price action trading strategies here as well.
For those that are are new and would like to know more about swing trading, you’ve also come to the right place.
FOREX TRADING EDUCATION
If you are beginner Forex trader and just stumbled to this site, you wont find all the beginner Forex trading lessons like:
- what is Forex trading?
- what does technical analysis mean in Forex?
- what is a pip?
- What is a candlestick?
- what is a moving average?
- what is MACD?
- What is a currency spread?
You can google all these information and find them on other Forex websites like babypips.com
What this site, www.swing-trading-strategies.com is all about is mainly about Forex trading education with trading strategies and systems that many people use for their trading business.
WHAT IS SWING TRADING?
Swing Trading Strategies should appeal to any Forex trader who has a day job or who does not have time on his hands. Because with Swing Trading Strategies, once a trade is placed and executed, you pretty much let the market do its job.
All you have to do is check you trades about 4 to 6 hrs or a day later and manage it.
That’s the beauty of Swing Trading.
If you are a swing trading dummy, here’s you brief swing trading for dummies lesson (click that link).
If you have been a swing trader for some time, you may find new swing trading techniques and ideas or build upon what you already know and go from there. Or you can find a new swing trading strategy that you can use also.
SWING TRADING IS NOT ABOUT OVER TRADING
(IF YOU DO, YOU WILL LOSE MONEY)
New and inexperienced Forex traders think wrongly that to make more money in Forex, you need to trade more. Wrong!
This is never the case. The more you trade you will lose money. This is called over trading.
If you trade less with a careful plan, you will make money. This is the beauty of using Forex swing trading strategies:
- Using Swing Trading Strategies and Systems allows you to think through your trades
- teaches you patience to wait for the right trading set-ups to happen,
- and even more so, allows you to focus on other things in life while the market takes care of the trades you make without
having to stare at your computer screen all day long.
This is because with swing trading, once you open a position ( a trade), your trades can last for more than a day up to 1 or 2 weeks.
When you allow to market to do what its meant to do, the market can give you a lot more profits than if you are a day trader or a Forex scalper.
And that is one of the greatest advantages of Forex swing trading: you are avoiding the “noise” that are so prevalent in the much smaller time frames like the 1 minute, 5 minutes, 15 minutes and even the 30 minute time frames.
HOW TO BECOME A PROFITABLE FOREX SWING TRADER
To become a successful swing trader is not an easy task. If someone tells you swing trading is easy, you better not believe that.
The first step to becoming a profitable swing trader is finding an effective or reliable swing trading strategy that you are comfortable in using.
Then second step is to strictly follow the rules of your swing trading strategy and this requires discipline because you should be able to follow the rules of the trading system even when you are suffering some loses and the natural inclination would be to switch trading systems (or look for a new trading strategy) or even worse, trade without any trading system.
The third step is you have to manage your trading risks. Trading is risky, there is a risk of loss of your money. Remember that.
Be careful of the time when you come to a stage where you have been winning consistently and you think you know it all…
The moment you think you are a better swing trader, that’s when the biggest trading mistakes are made and guess what? The Forex market will humble you sooner or later.
KEEP LEARNING AS YOU SWING TRADE INTO A BRIGHTER FUTURE
As you go along the path of swing trading, learn from your past successes. Learn from those trades that went right and made you profits. What did you do right that got you those profitable trades? How did you manage your risk?
But also learn from those trades that did not turn out profitable. If you have followed everything by the book and the trades turned out unprofitable, then you have done extremely well. Why? Because you have had the discipline to follow your trading system’s rules.
But if you are taking short cuts, trading without sticking your swing trading strategy’s rules and your risk management, you will go no where.
Since my fascination is mainly to do with swing trading, I built this website was to discuss and share swing strategies and systems.
In this website you will find out what swing trading is, you will discover swing trading methods and techniques that you can practice and use.
SWING TRADING FOR DUMMIES
If you are new to trading Forex or any financial market, there is sufficient information here to give you a better understanding of swing trading.
If you are a beginner and want to increase your knowledge about swing trading then maybe click on this link :What Is Swing Trading would be a good place to start and progress from there.
If you are not interested in all the “beginners stuff” check out swing trading strategies and systems where you can learn all the swing trading methods and techniques which you can use.
Learning how to swing trade in Forex market can be quiet challenging without the knowledge required to succeed.
As you go read the information in this website it is hoped that you will:
- increase your knowledge about swing trading
- learn to find a swing trading strategy which you can use to profit in the Forex market
- develop a plan to follow every time you trade
- and have the discipline to follow the swing trading strategy with religious risk management
There is no secret to successful swing trading. Successful swing trading is simply about following defined trading rules.
WHAT IS THE BEST SWING TRADING STRATEGY TO USE?
Every trader is different and therefore each must have to explore and test the many different swing trading strategies that are available. You got to find a swing trading strategy that fits you.
There are many swing trading strategies in this website. Have a read, explore them, demo trade them and get a feel of each and see how you feel about it. Be willing to adjust or modify it to suit your needs.
FOREX TRADING SOFTWARE
There is also a massive growing interest in the use of Forex trading software these days with Forex traders. The use of Forex trading software is mainly for programming trading systems.
Which essentially means that a computer program buys or sells based on the rules that it is programmed into it. In Forex terminology, they are sometimes called expert advisors or EAs.
You don’t need to be a programmer yourself, if you believe you have a Forex trading system that has clear cut rules, you can hire a Forex systems coder/programmer to program your trading system.
It does not cost must, you can spend anywhere from $100-$1000 to have your manual Forex trading system developed into a Forex trading software or Expert Advisor (EA).
SWING TRADING TIPS
- Learn to follow the price action and use technical analysis-if you want to be a swing trader, this pretty much forms the core of what swing traders do.
- Learn to work with the trend-swing traders are generally good trend traders. They learn how to spot trends happening and getting in at the very beginning of the trend of if they are late, they wait for a swing point to enter whilst the trend is still in progress along the way.
- Learn to trade against the trend. That’s a skill many swing traders take time to get used to. Many traders think that swing trading is all about trading with the trend, this is not the case. A swing trader can take a trade that is against the trend at a swing point that he knows price will move from there against the main trend. You will will see many swing trading strategies here that will have this character.
- Learn about candlesticks-these will help you see the market sentiment and make your trading decisions easier.
- Learn about chart patterns-there are some specific powerful chart patterns that every swing trader needs to know, like head and shoulder, double bottoms, double tops etc…you need to know these chart patterns.
- Learn to draw and use the trendlines-you will be amazed how price reacts to trendlines.
As you explore this forex trading strategies website, you are free to discuss your thoughts when you make comments.